Sunday, January 18, 2015

....Trekking Down Continued

'Back on a double decker bus, now crossing the Patagonia Plains via Route 40 aka a very very long dirt road.  The sun is setting and the view out the window reminds me of my long drives out to Hastings every year. Minus the corn.  I am on the final leg to the destination I have been planning to get to for the past 6 months, El Chalten, the trekers capital of the world, and a place that is supposed to be without big tourist crowds, mostly backpackers and enjoyers of the unpaved trail.  I spent the last two days hitchiking through the lake district of Patagonia.  One thing I can say is that the place is green and blue and very green and blue at that, no filter needed.  Argentines are one of the friendliest slash most conversational people I have met.  With every day they seem to grow on me more and more.  Well the suns glow has almost dissapearred over the horizon and the pirated copy of Anchorman 2 is done playing on the bus tv, my light is fading.  Ciao for now.'



2 comments:

  1. Enjoying the blog Sonny, Not seeing pictures though. Glad you are having a good time! We were warm again today, 73 degrees at our place, no sign of rain. Have fun!!
    KT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you found success in your exploration to el fin del mundo. Can't wait to see all the pics

    -K

    ReplyDelete